Long road trips get boring. Eventually, all the scenery starts to look the same and the sound of your tires on the asphalt gets old. But, falling asleep on the road is extremely dangerous to you and those around you. So, it’s important to do whatever you can to make sure you are keeping yourself awake and entertained. How?
Here are 10 ways to stay alert during long road trips:
- Nap before starting your journey.
- Eat a good, healthy meal beforehand.
- Take vitamins B and C to give you energy.
- Pull over to stretch your legs and get the blood flowing every few hours.
- Listen to music loudly–and sing along!
- Keep snacking throughout the trip (but, make sure they’re healthy snacks that aren’t high in sugar).
- Listen to an interesting audio book.
- Do mini stretches in as you drive to keep you alert.
- Open the windows to let in fresh air.
- Keep yourself hydrated (with water!).